To Sponsor Me

Please click on the link in the Blog Posts. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1/2 Marathon Completed

First of all I would like to thank all of the people who helped me to raise $4000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With your donations, a difference is being made every day.
The walk in San Francisco was incredible, the most memorable thing next to the days when my kids were born. My final time was just under 4 hours and I walked 13.1 miles or 21.1 km. It was a cool and rainy day, but I just kept on going and did it. One day soon, I will post some photos from the walk.
Life when I got home became fast paced. My own mom started to have problems with her liver, in addidtion to the problems she was already having with her pancreas. She had surgery on December 10 and all of her biopsies came back with no cancer. The kind of rearranged how her pancreas and liver drain, and the recovery is going to take months. She was finally released from the hospital around the 23 of January, 2011.

Again, thank you to everyone for all of your generous donations, your encouragement and your prayers.

Cheers,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment